Monday, March 18, 2013

Striped and Plain (With free printable)

Z and I have been enjoying A Mother For Choco almost every night for the last 2 months. The first time we read it though, we came across the mention of striped feet and I wasn't sure if she understood the concept of striped so I decided to set up an activity for her ( I love how Montessori encourages you to recognize and make use of any learning opportunity!)

I took an index card and cut it into half, then drew stripes with a marker on the blank side of one half and left the other half blank. I then did a quick 3 period lesson on striped and plain with Z.

The next day while Z was at school, I quickly collected a few item from around the house for her to sort, I also got some cards ready for her to sort.

If you would like the printable please click here

(Please Note: Unless otherwise stated, all images used in the printable are public domain, mostly taken from Wikimedia Commons. Please do not host this file on your website , if you'd like to share this file please link back to this blogpost and not directly to the pdf. Thanks!)

Linking up with:

 Montessori Monday 


  1. Great idea! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely printables! I featured your post as the Free Printable of the Day at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and on Pinterest at

  2. Great idea! We like that book too!!!

    1. Isn't it a sweet book? Tears me up at the end very time we read it :)